Jenn is a Co-Founder of The Community Manager and the Editor-In-Chief. She’s also an adjunct professor at the Syracuse University School of Information Studies. You can find her almost anywhere online, but specifically on #CmgrChat every Wednesday from 2-3pm ET.
- 90 articles by Jenn Pedde
- Latest: #CmgrChat Now Seeking Two New Moderators!
Mover. Shaker. Candlestick maker. Currently engaged as a community and social media strategist.
- 14 articles by Judi Huck
- Latest: Cheat Sheet with 16 Tips for Harnessing Social Media at In-Person Events
Chris Dowsett (or Dows for short) is your friendly data analyst, statistician and numbers person. Originally from Australia, Chris works for Intuit as a social media analytics manager. He's also studying a Doctorate focused on improving data use in business decision making.
- 11 articles by Chris Dowsett
- Latest: Ask Dows: Sound Measures of Good Community Management
- 8 articles by Cali Harris
- Latest: An Interview with Dave Olson, VP Community at Hootsuite
Brett Petersel is a Co-founder of The Community Manager as well as the site's Social Media Manager. He has worked for Mashable and The Next Web, and recently released his first book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Twitter Marketing, in May 2012. You can follow him on Twitter at @Brett. He also loves concerts, horror films, karaoke and pizza.
- 7 articles by Brett Petersel
- Latest: Who’s Hiring? 10 Awesome Community Manager and Social Media Job Openings
Community Manager and Chief BBQ Officer at Paris-based music start up Whyd: helping music lovers to access the wealth of free music available on the web today and tomorrow. Bakes lasagna, writes plays, paints buffalo.
- 6 articles by Tony Hymes
- Latest: 5 Rules For Dealing With A Negative Nancy
I'm a digital account executive with Ruder Finn in NYC. I find pleasure in connecting with new people and brainstorming innovative ideas. I don't claim to know everything, but I do occasionally organize my thoughts and post them on my blog should you be interested in reading them. I'm also a self-proclaimed foodie and a professional appreciator of design. Other things that interest me are (in no particular order): sports, logos and branding, music, technology, documentaries, deep conversations, and online activism.
- 4 articles by Nick Rovisa
- Latest: NYC #CMmeetup 8/23 – Social Media Management Tools: Is There One That Does It All?
- 4 articles by Richard Dedor
- Latest: How To: Repair Your Image After a Social Media Mistake
Jessica Malnik is a PR/marketing coordinator, social media specialist, videographer and avid blogger. Visit her blog for social media, technology, public relations, journalism and marketing ramblings.
- 4 articles by Jessica Malnik
- Latest: Online Video: A Recap from NYC’s #CMMeetup
Shannon is the Content Manager + Community Associate at Loyal (http://loyal.is/), a community development studio, where she crafts words and creates community-driven strategies for Loyal and its clients. Florida native turned Brooklynite, she has a passion for writing and a knack for connecting people. Follow her on Twitter @ShannnonB.
- 4 articles by Shannon Byrne
- Latest: Lessons in Building Community Products from Josh Miller
Justin is a community management consultant. He founded Communl which mentors and trains in-house community managers to make them more awesome. He has been doing the community management "thing" since 2003, which has including everything from launching communities from scratch to running the largest actively managed community on the interwebs.
- 3 articles by Justin Isaf
- Latest: The Gamification Equation
Alex is the co-founder of Indy Hall, one of the world’s most respected coworking communities with hundreds of active members and thousands of participants from around the world. He publishes the Coworking Weekly email newsletter every Thursday. And he teaches people how to build amazing communities in the Community Builder Masterclass.
- 3 articles by Alex Hillman
- Latest: The Experience of Community – Alex Hillman on Listening, Building and Doing
Sarah is the Founder and Head of Community Design + BD at Loyal, a Community Development Studio based in NYC.
- 3 articles by Sarah Judd Welch
- Latest: 5 Things that Design and Community have in Common
- 3 articles by Juergen Derlath
- Latest: Why People Participate in Online Communities
- 3 articles by Ashley Hayes
- Latest: Lessons from the History of Communities – Why They Matter Today and Tomorrow
Greg Meyer is Manager, Customer Wow at Desk.com (http://www.desk.com.) His past experience includes Gist (acquired by Research in Motion), where he founded and ran the Customer Experience Team. Before that, Greg spent time at Expedia, T-Mobile, and startups like Netegrity, eRoom, and Allaire. Find Greg on Twitter at @grmeyer.
- 2 articles by Greg Meyer
- Latest: The Community Manager’s Secret Weapon
Evan Hamilton is addicted to helping people build things. Currently he is Community Manager at UserVoice, where he handles social media, content creation, customer support, and community-building. Evan writes the blog “Understanding Your Customers” for UserVoice, featuring insights into succeeding through great customer service. In addition to his daily duties at UserVoice, Evan has also spoken about customer engagement at events like Failcon and Social Media Week and once won the “Best One-man Show” at Macworld. When he finds some free time he likes to play rollicking americana music as Kicking Tuesday.
- 2 articles by Evan Hamilton
- Latest: Preparing for SXSW
Tera Kristen dove headfirst into managing communities for tech startups, brands, and products, and she hasn't come up for air yet. She is passionate about community psychology, communications and customers. You can find her writing on her blog, tweeting or learning Russian.
- 2 articles by Tera Kristen
- Latest: Community-Centered Design
I came to NYC not knowing what I really wanted to do. I jumped into the world of community builders, movers, shakers, technology and start-ups and found my calling. Now I'm an aspiring entrepreneur trying to build my own start-up and find the perfect community to be a part of.
- 2 articles by Joe Amodio
- Latest: Don’t Leave Enthusiasm at the Door in a Community Manager Interview
Ryan Crowe is a social media strategist and budding theorist currently at Stealth Creative, a full-service creative ad agency located in St. Louis, Missouri. Ryan also sits on the Board of Directors for the NPO "LittleBigFund", where he acts as the Director of Social Strategy.
- 2 articles by Ryan Crowe
- Latest: Two Key Questions for All Community Managers
- 2 articles by Erica Moss
- Latest: How to Keep Bloggers Engaged With Your Brand
Karen wrangles all things social, both in person and online. She is the Head of Community at Justworks, and used to run events and all things community at Harvest, including citywide WalkaboutNYC events. She's a superfan (and creator) of arts and crafts alike, and is continuing her goal of walking 5 miles a day.
- 2 articles by Karen Schoellkopf
- Latest: Lessons Learned from a Startup Community Manager Internship
Sarah Fudin works in community relations at 2U, which partners with University of Southern California's online Masters in Education program allowing current and aspiring teachers to earn their special education certification. She has recently begun working with 2U's partner, the George Washington University School of Public Health, as the community manager for their online MPH program. In her free time Sarah enjoys running, reading and Pinkberry frozen yogurt! Follow her on Twitter @sarahfudin and Google+.
- 2 articles by Sarah Fudin
- Latest: High-Quality Education for Community Managers
Natalie is an American CM in charge of content and engagement working at SoundCloud in Berlin. She loves digital storytelling, artistic expression, music, Stevie Nicks, words, travel & dachshunds. Connect with her via Twitter: @ntljk
- 2 articles by Natalie Keshlear
- Latest: Storytelling and Connecting Through Sound
After eight years of late nights and earplugs, I left the music industry to pursue life in a cube. Now living in the 9-5 world, I manage a support-based community for our software customers - all nonprofits in the Arts & Cultural vertical. Beyond those hours I try my hand at craftiness and host a seasonal, local, handmade market in Charleston, SC.
- 2 articles by Kristen Gastaldo
- Latest: Pageview Panic Attack – When There’s a Lull in Your Community
Katie is the Community Manager at Gidsy in Berlin, a place where anyone, anywhere can book and offer unique experiences. Originally from Toronto, she's an ex-librarian, archivist and Euphonium player, an amateur cook/baker & blogger, and a recovering McDonalds and French Macaron addict. Say hi on Twitter @katieneeds
- 2 articles by Katie Needs
- Latest: On the Job: Tips, Tricks and Tools for Getting Things Done
- 2 articles by Danya Cheskis-Gold 1
- Latest: Saying Goodbye: When a Community Reaches the End of the Road
- 2 articles by Connor Meakin
- Latest: Power Network Offline To Build Community Online
Deidre Woollard is the Community Manager for the Q&A platform on Realtor.com and teaches digital journalism at UC Irvine Extension.
- 2 articles by Deidre Woollard
- Latest: How to Create a Brand Character: Refining Your Brand’s Social Style
Steph is currently a social strategist in Boston, overseeing community management, content development, and analytics for clients. Her own work as a community manager in 2012 earned her a nod from Forbes as a 30 Under 30. She also plays a pretty mean video game.
- 2 articles by Steph Parker
- Latest: You’ve become a Social Media Manager. Now What?
Jill composes all kinds of content for QualityLogoProducts.com, including site product descriptions and articles for their branding inspiration blog. She also helps with social media efforts. She's a bit of a chatterbox when she gets to know you, so speak up anytime to start a conversation!
- 2 articles by Jill Tooley
- Latest: How to Build Active Listening Skills and Heighten Empathy in 5 Steps
Lauren is a global community and content strategist currently living and working in Istanbul.
- 2 articles by Lauren Cucinotta
- Latest: Behind the Scenes: How TEDx Manages Community-Curated Content
Ashley is based in San Francisco and currently heading up Social Media for Indiegogo. She's passionate about community building, comics, and cupcakes. Follow her on Twitter @ashlaf.
- 2 articles by Ashley McGregor Dey
- Latest: Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Community Systems
Natalie is an entrepreneurial community builder with a decade’s experience. She founded Broken Open Media in 2011 to guide companies on utilizing new media platforms, systems and processes for more authentic and organic engagement with their customers. Current clients include Vivaldi Partners and Razorfish, where she is growing a research community around the connected class consumer. She also works with indie filmmakers on Kickstarter campaigns and transforming their supporters into long lasting communities. She is a co-organizer for #CMMeetup, and co-founder/board member for media education non-profit, The Dounia Project. In her time that is spare, she can be found riding her bike around Brooklyn, taking pictures with her iPhone, and saluting the sun.
- 1 article by Natalie Rodic Marsan
- Latest: Admitting You Have a Community Is the First Step
Janet Aronica is the Director of Marketing and Community for oneforty, the social business hub and creators of SocialBase. You can read her social media blog at janetaronica.com or say hi on Twitter @JanetAronica. She lives in Boston.
- 1 article by Janet Aronica
- Latest: Community Management Is NOT Digital Cold Calling
Rachel Yeomans has been involved in connecting the social and digital world to the business world for over four years. As a Marketing Director | Social Media for Astek Consulting, Yeomans brings forward a passion for learning and applying what she has learned using new and creative facets. With a background working in both small and corporate business environments, Yeomans constantly strives to see how companies with set standards and values can apply new thoughts and applications into their business models. Prior to Astek, Yeomans managed social media for the fashion businesses of Sears Holdings Corp. She also publishes two blogs: A Tumblr blog highlighting social media developments within the fashion industry, and TheWorkingWardrobe, a work fashion & style blog for men and women, which was listed as #4 in a list of top 20 fashion blogs to follow by Forbes in 2010. She also hosts a fashion podcast dubbed SpeakingOfFashion. You can follow her on Twitter at Twitter.com/RachelYeomans to engage in more of what Yeomans is learning and how she may apply it to her next project.
- 1 article by Rachel Yeomans
- Latest: The Community Manager Leaves its Mark on the Windy City
Lovisa Williams is the Deputy Director for the Department of State’s International Information Programs (IIP) Bureau’s Office of Innovative Engagement (OIE). She is the Social Media Strategist for the Department of State. She is the co-author for the Department of State’s first social media use policy. She is also the founder and the manager of the Department’s Community Managers Group. She developed the first Community Managers Boot Camp and continues to teach Department of State employees how to be a Community Manager. Lovisa has over thirteen years of experience working for the Federal Government on technology and social media projects. She specializes in how disruptive technologies require organizational transformation. Lovisa lives at the intersection of people, government, and technology. She is an innovator who actively explores new ways to solve problems leveraging technology. Lovisa is an active participant in the community advocating for Government’s use of social media. She is a regular speaker in the Government 2.0 community. Lovisa, and her work at the Department of State, are included in Charlene Li’s book Open Leadership as a business case. She has served for the past two years as one of the organizers for the Government 2.0 Camp in Los Angeles, CA. Lovisa works on a number of community projects such as being the co-founder of the Mobile Citizen Summit and the founder of the Global Citizenship Project. All viewpoints, opinions and ideas expressed here do not represent the official policy or opinion of the Department of State or the United States Government.
- 1 article by Lovisa Williams
- Latest: How Many Community Managers Does it Take?
Greg is Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at VanillaForums.com. He has a background in strategic planning, alliances, marketing and sales. He has worked in different countries and cultures and is fluent in English, German and French and can manage a casual conversation in slang Swahili. As part of his role at Vanilla, he is active in researching, analyzing and reporting on community management best practices, both to inform Vanilla’s product development and also to provide advice to customer communities. His major hobby of the moment is training for his first Ironman-distance triathlon.
- 1 article by Greg Marlin
- Latest: Planning a Customer Self-Service Community Using Distributed Leadership
Adam Britten is beginning a Master of Digital Marketing at Hult International Business School's London campus this fall. He graduated from Syracuse University studying Marketing Management, and he recently worked as a Social Media Marketing Intern at American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. He blogs at www.genYspot.com and tweets from @AdamBritten.
- 1 article by @AdamBritten
- Latest: Is College Too Early to Start Community Managing?
Chanelle Schneider is the Founder and Moderator of #GenYChat where the traditional online focus group is modernized, discussing a range of topics among Generation Y, Generation X and Baby Boomers on Twitter. She is often traveling to and from marketing or blogger conferences and is never without her ‘Droid. Chanelle has served as Social Media Strategist on the Honda Civic Study Break event and the Teach Newark campaign while guest blogging and designing WordPress sites and marketing collateral for clients. Find her on Twitter as @WriterChanelle and @GenYChat, or on LinkedIn.
- 1 article by Chanelle Schneider
- Latest: Telling Stories on Twitter
Mozart Guerrier,MSW, is a writer, social worker, and the community manager for Aunt Bertha. He has community organized to end sexual violence, developed programs to combat poverty, and currently serves as a homeless caseworker in the city of Syracuse.
- 1 article by Mozart Guerrier
- Latest: 3 Ways To Engage A Niche Community for Social Good
Adam Rosenberg is an account supervisor at Edelman Digital in San Francisco and has developed social media strategies for a variety of political and advocacy campaigns, nonprofit groups, and many corporate brands. Additionally, Adam is co-owner and Chief Marketing Officer for Red Stapler Records, an avid surfer and Tough Mudder veteran, and a musician and DJ (under the name DJ Phillyberg). The opinions in his contributions to this site are his alone and not those of his employer.
- 1 article by Adam Rosenberg
- Latest: 5 Things To Know About Timeline for Brands
Jessica Murray serves as Community Manager of Social Media Club, the only not-for-profit trade organization of social media professionals. There are more than 300,000+ active members across 300+ chapters in 50+ countries. She actively attends social media industry events across the country in an effort to share Social Media Club missions and promote industry standards to other professionals. Jessica has traveled extensively and lives in Chicago with her Doberman, Scooby.
- 1 article by Jessica Murray
- Latest: Introducing TCM’s Monthly Community Manager Spotlight!
James Baldwin is an online community manager who specializes in growing online communities in the video game and tech industries. He has worked for major corporations, startups and everything in between. Feel free to reach out and say hi!
- 1 article by James Baldwin
- Latest: Tips and Resources to Help You Land that First Community Manager Gig
Community manager for eVenues.com, founder of goldhat.org, and blogger at unreadyandwilling.com. After five years in Tokyo as an English Teacher and later Headhunter, Kenji moved to Seattle to join the vibrant startup scene there. In his free time Kenji writes, codes, and practices Vipassana meditation.
- 1 article by Kenji Crosland
- Latest: Interviewing Community Leaders for Fun and Traffic
- 1 article by Matt Fairchild
- Latest: How to Get Your First Community Manager Job
Technocratic solutions to a communal future, Garick is a digital engagement strategist & outreach specialist. Topics are mostly centered on social business and customer service. Additionally, Garick has been a speaker for many social media conferences/events and continues to serve as Board Advisor for Social Media Club - Los Angeles.
- 1 article by Garick Chan
- Latest: What’s Your Biggest Challenge in Social Media?
Community Manager, freelance writer, content editor, professional perfectionist. My opinions are my own and don't reflect those of my employers.
- 1 article by Emily Marchetta
- Latest: How to Prepare Your Community for a Major Change
- 1 article by Lesley Yarbrough
- Latest: Timing is Everything
I love preaching the values of customer centricity. I've spent time working as an active Community Manager for a software company, and also as a strategic consultant to community teams at a dozen global consumer brands. When I'm not working you can find me snowboarding, attending Hip-Hop concerts or drinking an IPA on my porch.
- 1 article by Mike Alber
- Latest: 5 Ways to Humanize Your Community Interactions
- 1 article by Andy Gaukrodger
- Latest: Why We Wanted our Twitter Account to Be Taken Over
- 1 article by Gwynne Monahan
- Latest: Squirrel! Moment
Ryan is a consultant at Exact Target – an interactive marketing SaaS company. Additionally, he is the CMO of OMBO Apps, whose first app @UrbanGossipApp is the #1 black celebrity news app on iTunes. Find his blog at: theryancox.com & follow him on Twitter: @ryanleecox.
- 1 article by Ryan Cox
- Latest: 3 Steps to Reactivate a Sleeping Community
Creative director of digital media and illustration. Expertise in content creation and community building.
- 1 article by Daniele Rossi
- Latest: 10 Tips for Hosting a Q&A Using Google+ Hangouts
- 1 article by Thomas Knoll
- Latest: An Interview with Thomas Knoll – Visioncaster and Community Architect
Thibaut is managing content and community around Nitrogram: Advanced Analytics and Social Media Marketing Platform for Instagram. He's a contributor at KISSmetrics, Social Media Today and Business 2 Community. If your brand or company is on Instagram, he's probably following it already. He's so interesting that Soulja Boy follows him on Twitter.
- 1 article by Thibaut Davoult
- Latest: Curating a Global Instagram Community – A #JJ Case Study
A writer about community management and social business for the likes of Social Media Today and Business2Community.
- 1 article by Adi Gaskell
- Latest: Don’t Forget to Show Some Love to Your Team
Ashley is currently the Social Media Manager of the largest distribution company of organic salon products in the world, where she manages the online presence of multiple international brands. Her interest and passion for online technology and trends lead her to launch Digital Moonster - a blog focused on tips, strategies, and forecasts in areas such as, Content Marketing, Community Management, SEO, and Social Media Strategy.
- 1 article by Ashley Mooney
- Latest: Top 5 Social CRMs for Community Management
- 1 article by Laura Gluhanich
- Latest: How to Just Say No
Futurist. Tech-geek. Audiophile. I live in interesting times in Beijing, China.
- 1 article by Jesse F. LaRue
- Latest: 4 Tips for Managing a Community When You Don’t Speak the Language
Jonha Ducayag Revesencio is a Storyteller, one of the Top 500 Community Managers Globally and a RebelMouse Wizard. Learn more about her through her blog, Social Media and Social Good For collaboration and consultation, you may reach her by emailing: email@example.com or connect with her on Twitter (@jonharules) or LinkedIn.
- 1 article by Jonha Revesencio
- Latest: 35 Quick Facebook Guidelines for Brands
- 1 article by Julia Wilson and Kristine Michelsen-Correa
- Latest: 7 Tips for Planning an Offline Community Event
Content & Community Strategist at Kuble AG in Zurich (Switzerland)
- 1 article by Christoph Hess
- Latest: How To Use Klout as a Community Management Tool
Caty is the Senior Manager of Community, Support & Education for Get Satisfaction. By day she spends a lot of time evangelizing the business of community, and teaching CM tips and tricks to new customers. By night, she decorates specialty cakes for a lucky few and spends time by the beach with her pup, Lucy.
- 1 article by Caty Kobe
- Latest: 5 Tips for Effectively Managing Negativity in Your Community
David Noël is the VP Community of SoundCloud, the leading social sound platform. Leading a global Community team of almost twenty, David is SoundCloud’s external voice and its users’ internal advocate. Prior to joining SoundCloud, David co-founded a web entertainment startup and has a background in marketing and the music industry, where he worked as an A&R and tour manager.
- 1 article by David Noël
- Latest: An Interview with David Noël, VP of Community at SoundCloud
- 1 article by Rebecca Lindegren
- Latest: Using Content to Build A Community
Stefanos Missailidis is a Co-Founder at Fiestah. He’s a data freak, old school developer, and designer in training. When not working on Fiestah, he spends his time playing soccer, practicing yoga, and killing WODs at Crossfit.
- 1 article by Stefanos Missailidis
- Latest: Community is Inevitable: How to Prepare Yourself as an Early Stage Startup
Jenny Ann is a freelance writer and a fundraiser for Cancer Research UK. A fan of Instagram and creative media, she likes how imaging can be used in business and fundraising to raise awareness. Jen would love to see more people involved in fundraising events and jobs!
- 1 article by Jenny Beswick
- Latest: How Instagram Can Raise Charity Awareness
- 1 article by Blair Gardner
- Latest: 3 Top Ways Community Managers Can Utilize 3D Printing
Samuel is a freelance writer and communicator from Toronto. As a journalist, he covers a range of topics such as occupational health and safety, education and technology. Samuel also freelances for Coderella Consulting, a San Francisco-based PR agency and, in his spare time, serves as Communications Director for Stutter Social, an international online community that uses Google+ Hangouts to connect people who stutter worldwide.
- 1 article by Samuel Dunsiger
- Latest: Five Tips on Using Storytelling for Community Management
CEO of Leader Networks, a research and strategy consulting group focused on helping organizations build deeper B2B relationships with key stakeholders, thus creating significant competitive advantage and outstanding business results through online communities.
- 1 article by Vanessa DiMauro
- Latest: Seven Failures of Companies That Unplug Their Online Communities
Ligaya is an early-stage startup enthusiast and lover of people. She cut her teeth at Yelp, and later led community for Airbnb. Now she helps fledgling startups stretch their marketing and community wings and dabbles in angel investing.
- 1 article by Ligaya Tichy
- Latest: How to Write Effective Community Guidelines
Trista is a Project Manager & Community Strategist at Loyal (www.loyal.is), a Community Development Studio based in NYC. Before joining Loyal, she worked for WeWork, where she helped scale their community management team to 30 people nationally and build their digital product. Follow her on twitter: @tristajaye
- 1 article by Trista Kempa
- Latest: 10 Simple Productivity Tips for Community Professionals
Stephanie is the Community Manager for the Get Satisfaction Community. When she’s not hanging out in the GetSat Community or hoarding hummus and cheese at her desk, she’s probably searching for the best camping spots in the SF Bay Area or in her kitchen cooking and writing for her food blog, Life Tastes Like Food.
- 1 article by Stephanie Au
- Latest: 5 Reasons Community Managers are the Heroes of their Organizations
Jessica Finger currently works for Noodle, whose mission is to help guide people everywhere to make better education decisions and get expert advice on everything from schools and colleges to graduate schools and tutors. Jessica is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, and outside of work likes reading, going to the theater, and exploring the Internet. Follow her on twitter: @jkfinger.
- 1 article by Jessica Finger
- Latest: 5 Ways to Guide Your Social Media Intern
Nir Eyal writes about the intersection of psychology, technology and business at NirAndFar.com. He is the author of Hooked: A Guide to Building Habit Forming Products.
- 1 article by Nir Eyal
- Latest: What Really Motivates Users and Community Members
- 1 article by Ryan Hoover
- Latest: Building a Community From the Ground Up
Alex Blanton is a senior program manager in Microsoft's Engineering Excellence group. He provides community consulting services, runs social learning campaigns associated with engineering events, and helps engineers learn from one another in a variety of ways.
- 1 article by Alex Blanton
- Latest: How to Find Your Community
Rebecca Braglio is the Community Engagement Manager for Pet360.com. Although she became an attorney, her true love was always pets. After becoming the proud parent of a Yorke named Dash, she created her own blog called, “The Philly Dog” to showcase pet-friendly Philadelphia and to have an outlet to discuss Dash’s struggles with severe separation anxiety. It led to her switching careers and she never looked back.
- 1 article by Rebecca Braglio
- Latest: 5 Ways Being a Community Manager Is Just Like Being a Criminal Defense Attorney