It’s hard to tell what’s a legitimate resource, who’s actually handling community in an organization, and who is merely managing social media platforms. Even harder is finding out where seasoned community managers live on a day to day basis since the majority of the best ones are people so entrenched in their own communities, they’re hard to find.
We created this list of top CMs out there a few weeks ago, so that’s a good place to find specific individuals, and hopefully you know that there’s the weekly #CmgrChat every Wednesday at 2pm EST. However, there are plenty of places to discuss community with those who are doing it on a day to day basis.
Here are 24 communities you can get involved in on a variety of platforms:
Linked In Groups
Twitter Hashtags for Community
15. #CM (International)
16. Community Favorites by @RHappe
Blogs on Community Management
18. Online Community Management Links Roundup (by @BlaiseGV)
19. The Online Community Guide by @RichMillington
20. Community Leadership Summit (Yearly, upcoming)
21. CMMeetup – NYC (Monthly)
22. Community Manager Meetups (Ongoing around the country)
23. CM Conference (Yearly, upcoming, Germany)
24. Virtual Community Summit (Yearly, already passed, London)
Which networks are your favorite?